March 03, 2017
I love to wake up in the morning. Waking up early makes me feel good. It gives me great sense of accomplishments and energy to do more. The Quote, “Early bird catches the worm.” still goes well.
There are many benefits of waking up early. Some are:
1. Peaceful and calm environment: Morning is the time of peace and calmness there is no much traffic and noises except some sounds of birds if you live in country like me. There is no much rush and hustle.
2. Getting things done: If you are someone who always wakes up late and have to hustle for the office or day to day works then you should give your thought to waking up early. Waking up early gives you more time to get things done easily.
3. Productive time: For most people morning is the most productive time of their day, they get more things done in the morning. As morning is the time of peace and tranquility. There are not much things to disturb you. Our mind will also be in good condition after having proper rests and sleep.
4. Observing the nature: Morning is the time in which nature is so much fresh and beautiful. As all the dusts and smogs gets settled down throughout the night and sky becomes clear, environment is cool and gentle. Plants gets washed and cleaned by water droplets. The beauty of rising sun, color of the sky when sun starts to rise up, it’s amazing.
5. Everything is managed: Waking up early gives me great opportunity to do things that is important in my life without being disturbed by other. Like exercising, meditating and bathing.
So, how to wake up early in the morning:
1. Sleep early: This is the most important one. We need sleep, our body needs sleep to get rejuvenated, maintained and balance things. If you don’t sleep early then you will certainly wake up late or it will be very very hard to wake up early. Moreover don’t cut back on your sleeping time to wake up early, this will cause more problems than good things. So, turn the light off and sleep early.
2. Put alarm little far away: Personally when I used to put my alarm (i.e my mobile) right beside me, I was highly likely to hit the snooze button or turn it off without getting out of bed. But since I have been putting my alarm little far away, so that I have to get out of bed and walk few steps, I am highly likely to wake up early. Moreover putting my mobile away from my bed (away from me) has allowed me to sleep early as I have nothing to do except to count my breathing or to visualize.
3. Put down caffeine and other drinks: Well I haven’t drank any coffee or tea since +4-5 years. Moreover I don’t drink anykind of drinks except water (not even milk because I am lactose intolerant). And I rarely drink (don’t want to as far as I can) soft drink. So I don’t know what it does to effect the quality of your sleep. But people says avoiding drinks and caffeine is good for quality of sleep.
4. Think about it: If you want to wake up at certain time then you should think about it the night before while sleeping. It helps to programme your mind sub-consciously to wake up in the morning.
5. Be Slow and keep trying: Well Waking-Up early isn’t a easy things for most of us, I know it’s hard. But if you keep on trying, you will make it.
6. Be regular: If you want it as a habit, then be regular. Do it everyday, don’t give yourself excuse in weekend or in holiday. Make it as a lifetime habit not somekind of occasional stuff. More you give continuity then more stronger and easier the habit gets.
Personally my alarm blows off at 5 AM. I also take a day nap after lunch.